Today I started the day early with a great presentation for the SQL Lunch UK group on Common Table Expressions.
For those who attended the presentation here is the Zip file with the Powerpoint and the SQL code from the demo. Feel free to download it and learn from it.
Here are a few links to some of the other CTE examples used in the demo.
- Using a CTE in a Function to Split Up a Query String
- Using a CTE to Split a String Into Rows
- Can we use CTEs use in SSRS?
- CTE Hierarchy compared to the alternative
- Calculating Factorials with a Recursive CTE
- CTE – With An Insert Statement
- Fibonacci Sequence
- Generating a Tree Path with a CTE
- CTE Query Performance
- Multiple CTE’s in a single Query
- Recursive CTE’s
- Common Table Expressions Page
- A Fun Thanksgiving Day Query.
- Common Table Expressions
Good luck to everyone who is new to common table expressions. Special thanks to Dave Ballantyne to inviting me to participate in this event.