If you could change one thing about SQL Server, what would it be?
The list that we came up with was:
- Default file autogrowth settings
- Default maintenance plans
- Shrink database or Auto Shrink
- NOLOCK Hints
- Table Variables
- Instance settings – Processors tab
- SQL Server Log File Viewer
- Sql Server Logs file history options
- Spatial Data
- Data Tuning Advisor
- Activity Monitor
There was no guest this week, just Carlos and I discussing why we think these 11 things are problematic with SQL Server and should be changed, or better documented in one way or another. Check out Episode 57 today!