Classes available online or onsite.
I offer a 1 or 2 hour online or onsite class on SQL Server Performance for Developers. To request a class use the Contact Steve page, please include your contact information including your email and a phone number. I will get back to you to schedule a class.
Presentation Overview – SQL Server Performance for Developers
- Is Tuning Necessary for the Developer
- Understanding Tables and Indexes
- Understanding Execution Plans
- Statistics IO and TIME
- Understanding Table Size
- Procedure Cache and Parameterization
- Seven Deadly Sins
- No DB Design
- Bad Index Design
- Not using Explicit Column Lists
- Calculations in the Where Clause
- Dirty Reads
- Believing Moore’s Law
- Tips For Writing Queries
Other SQL Server Performance links on this site.