November 23, 2014 Leave a Comment
Today I have released beta 9 of the Database Health Monitor.
To be honest for the first half of 2014, I didn’t contribute much to the Database Health Reports, then in the couple of months, I realized just how many people were really using Database Health Reports, with over 15oo active installs world wide. This changed my outlook on database health reports and I decided to buckle down and focus on the project again.
Beta 9 includes the following new features and bug fixes.
- Added new real time report for Active Queries. This report shows the queries that are currently running (or blocked and waiting) on the current database. This was based on a customer request.
- Right click menu option in the database tree view to sort the list of databases by either the database Id or alphabetically by name. This was based on a customer request.
- New real time report to show database files with IO and stalls for database files and logs.
- Improved the column formatting on the Identity Column Usage report. In some cases the columns were sized too small to read the column titles. This has been fixed.
- Broken links have been fixed. There are a number of help links in the system that were linking to http://databasehealth.stevestedman.com, these have been fixed to link to http://databasehealth.com.
- Fixed crash caused by attempting to connect to a SQL Server that no longer exists.
With Beta 9 there has been more extensive testing with SQL Server 2014 to confirm that all the reports work correctly, so far there have been no problems with SQL server 2014.
Another infrastructure change with Beta 9 is that I migrated the source control system from Subversion and switched to Git. This has allowed for much easier branching and the addition of new code into the system.