Click image to enlarge.
What does this mean to my SQL Server
Each duplicate index is just wasteful in a number of ways.
- More memory taken up on your SQL Server. Other more useful items may be pushed out of memory.
- Larger database files.
- Larger backup files, and longer backup times.
- Larger transaction logs and log backups.
- More structures to change on insert, update, or delete, causing slower response.
- Query engine needs to assess more options when queries are run.
- If you are using database mirroring, then there are more pages to be mirrored.
How Do I Fix It
Remove the duplicate indexes.