If you know me, you will know that I really enjoy working on and fixing database corruption, as well as working on SQL Server internals, specifically relating to corruption and page formats.
This week a question came up on the #sqlhelp hashtag on Twitter around corruption in a BLOB page. Elizabeth Hunt was nice enough to send it my way, and immediately when I saw this I knew it would be a fun issue to research. Here is the Original Twitter post and the response.
I created this post (SQL Server Row Data Linking to Off Row Data) to help solve the problem. I had a lot of fun creating the post to solve a specific problem. It was one of those things that I just dove and created the sample database, did the queries to solve the problem and then created the blog post. Having fun solving the problem while creating the post.
Since I did this to help out and really for entertainment purposes, when I was done and heard that it was the same thing that @articdba had done, I thought that was it. But then today I get mentioned on another twitter post about Episode 32 of the Knee Deep in Tech podcast, which of course I had to listen to @articdba mentions my blog post and the solution to the finding reference to the corrupt page, so I figured I should return the favor and mention his podcast.
Thanks Alexander for throwing this question out to #SQLHELP, and the mention on your podcast, and thanks Elizabeth for sending it my way, I had fun with it.