This weeks episode we are pleased to host Andy Leonard to discuss his thoughts on the catalog and how this feature provides some really interesting benefits for ETL architecture. Although the SSIS Catalog DB is created with management studio, it does not behave like other databases. Our conversation in this episode revolves around the catalog, SSIS packages, and some of the complexities of migrating packages.
“[The SSIS Catalog] is really there to facilitate a lot of Enterprise functionality that is needed in any data integration engine you use.”
Listen to Learn
- The benefits of project deployments
- Some of the issues migrating packages
- Why restoring the catalogdb can be problematic
- The various levels or components of a package
- How you can view reports without going into SSMS