This week Microsoft made the v.next version of SQL Server for Linux available in the public preview. It has been a couple of years since I have worked with Linux, but I am excited and going to give it a try.
Some of the topics covered in the podcast:
- Why are they adding a Linux version of SQL Server.
- What features are going to be supported.
- The version of Linux supported.
- What type of integrations are now possible – think WordPress on SQL Server.
- How do I kick the tires on this?
Personally I am looking forward to this. I just installed Ubuntu Linux, the next step is to install SQL Server on Linux. I will follow up with more details once I have it working on Linux.