Today I released another beta release of SchemaDrift.
Part of this release was some redesign of the main screen, as shown here.
I had some great help from some of the beta testers, and there have been many bugs fixed and feature enhancements completed in the last week. Here is a list from the release notes:
Feb 28, 2016 Release Notes
Completed since last beta.
- Fixed bug with extended properties on functions not being able to create on other database.
- Fixed bug with extended properties on stored procedures not being able to create on other database.
- Changed the directory name for objects with spaces for instance Stored Procedures to have the space, previously it had an underscore.
- Sorted the database name dropdownlist by name, rather than by id.
- Added a GO statement before each extended property, for reliability.
- Main settings panel now sizes dynamically with the size of the window.
- Various bug fixing comparing databases to file system / source control.
- Enabled / Disabled controls while the diff is running to prevent starting another run, or to prevent changing params while running.
- Connect dialog now remembers previously connected databases.
If you haven’t tried it out, give SchemaDrift a try, is a free tool for comparing database schemas.
See http://SchemaDrift.com for more details.