After 4 years of beta and 5500 installs of Database Health Monitor beta releases in the last 2 years, Database Health Monitor version 2 is finally complete. It is no longer in beta. If you are curious about the history of Database Health Monitor, take a look at my post from earlier in the week.
Here is a preview of one of the latest reports added in the Version 2.0 release of Database Health Monitor.
Also new in the version 2 release is the I/O By Database report as shown here. This report allows you to quickly find the databases that have the most I/O on your SQL Server.
Here is a list of the new features and bug fixes that have been implemented since the last Beta release.
- Removed Beta 3 month expiration.
- Added the Database I/O overview panel.
- Added the I/O by database instance level report.
- Database overview reports on databases set to autoshrink.
- Added a check for those using Veeam backups. There is a configuration where the Veeam backup breaks the log restore chain. This is now shown in the errors and warnings page.
- Filtered snapshot backups from the backup restore chain.
- Backup report now differentiates copy only backups from normal backups.
- Added ctrl+a for select all on the historic query advisor.
- Fixed a bug in the log restore chain script in the backup report.
- Added the database CPU heat map to show the average CPU load hour by hour for the last 7 days.
- Added the instance level linked servers report to display linked servers.
- Added documentation at http://DatabaseHealth.com for many of the newer reports that were missing help.
- Renamed the “DBCC Last Known Good” report to the “DBCC CheckDB Last Known Good” report, this is a more accurate description.
- Fixed bug with the linking of the Server Connection report to the connections for a database. The link redirected to the database overview page rather than the connections page.
- Removed filtered indexes from the duplicate indexes report. This was causing filtered indexes to show up as duplicates.
- Fixed bug with the historic waits advisor was displaying 2 days in one slot on the chart.
- Bug fixed with the progress bar not clearing on the connection report when there are no connections.
- Fixed linking from the needs parameters report on the server overview page.
- Fixed bug with click through on database I/O on the server overview panel.
Its free, really free, so take a look at the latest release by downloading from DatabaseHealth.com