As the month of May comes to an end so does DBCC command month at SteveStedman.com.
I didn’t cover all the DBCC Commands this month, but here is what I did have time to cover:
- May 1st – DBCC CheckAlloc
- May 2nd – DBCC CheckCatalog
- May 3rd – DBCC CheckConstraints
- May 4th – DBCC CheckDB
- May 5th – DBCC CheckFilegroup
- May 6th – DBCC CheckIdent
- May 7th – DBCC CheckTable
- May 8th – DBCC CleanTable
- May 9th – DBCC DBReIndex and the proper defragmentation of indexes.
- May 10th – DBCC DropCleanBuffers
- May 12th – DBCC FreeProcCache
- May 13th – DBCC FreeSessionCache
- May 14th – DBCC FreeSystemCache
- May 15th – DBCC Help
- May 16th – DBCC IndexDefrag and what to use for proper defragmentation after SQL Server 2000.
- May 17th – DBCC InputBuffer (How to see what T-SQL others are running).
- May 23rd – DBCC OutputBuffer
- May 24th – DBCC ShrinkDatabase (someone sent in a quote “every time you you run DBCC ShrinkDatabase a kitten dies”).
- May 25th – DBCC ShrinkFile
- May 27th – DBCC SqlPerf
That’s a total of 20 posts for the month of May on DBCC Command. I wish I had time to do more, however I did attend a SQL Saturday, and my Common Table Expressions book did launch this month too. It has been a busy month.