September 30, 2012 Leave a Comment
Beta 2 of the Database Health Reports has just been released. The new Beta contains several bug fixes, and several new features. Here is a breakdown of what is new or changed since the last beta.
- Added the Memory by Database panel to the Database Overview page.
- Added the Memory by Database report.
- Added Unclustered Tables Report.
- Added the Connections Advisor which is linked to from the Connections Report.
- Added the Missing Index Advisor.
- Additional wait type descriptions added into the Waits Advisor.
- Added the Triggers by Table report.
- Performance tuned the Page Reads and Page Writes reports which were having some difficulty on larger databases.
- Fixed bug with the Plan Cache Report which was only showing data for the master DB originally, now it shows for the appropriate database.
- Performance tuning on the Table Size Advisor dialog. There is a lot going on with this, it may take some time, but it is faster than before.
- Performance tuning on the Fragmented Indexes Report.
- Improved error handling on connection failures such as invalid password or a bad username.
- Removed backup status for TempDB as this really didn’t make any sense. Why would anyone backup TempDB.